Total Pageviews

Monday, August 15, 2011

Movies from every state day 11-New Hampshire

Self-sufficiency and geology were reasons for naming New Hampshire "The Granite State. The draw of a great summer home on the water, very talented actors and boats make "On Golden Pond" a must see. This one has some fantastic humor along with extremely emotional scenes. I know I cried my eyes out when they wrecked the 1951 Chris Craft. Those that have been long term couples can relate to how these two communicate with each other. Personally I relate to Norman because I too can enjoy rereading books since I can't remember how the ended last time. Saves on money too! Filmed at Squam Lake, Holderness, New Hampshire. The scenery is spectacular although it's certainly not what I'd call a pond. The owner of the summer home allowed the film crew to modify the house for the movie as long as they returned it to it's original condition. They added a second story and deck to it. The owner loved it so much he asked them to leave it as is.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment