Total Pageviews

Monday, October 17, 2011

Movies from every state Day 40- Kansas

Day 40!
40 down 10 to go.
Kansas. I guess it's officially called "The Sunflower State" as a reminder of the wild flowers that grow across the state. "Midway State" because the geographic center of the country is located in Kansas, would be my choice.
Two brothers, one a college free spirit the other a doctor and both bikers, fight through a tough family history along with a genetic decease. One of them is very sick, but which one? This film is shot in several states, but tonight we're going to a restaurant in McPherson, KS and to watch a parade in Lindsborg. When the brothers go riding with Eddie for wind sprints, the younger brother gets schooled. Interesting training technique, with motivation. The training and work required to bike with the big boys is incredible. I can hardly breath just watching the "Stress Test" on the treadmill. I like the training center managers son as he tries to convince his dad he's not into sweat and if has to choose a sport, it's bowling. The movie moves to the Colorado Rockies for The Hell of the West, wait till you see these crazy people race the Rockies on bicycles! American Flyers is another that shows, to reach a goal you've got to be willing to put everything into it. We have our own race here it Toutle Country called " Tour de Blast" The riders leave Toutle at 600ft elevation and in 42 miles, climb to 3800 ft, down to 2500 and up to 4300 ft at Johnston Ridge Observatory and Mount Saint Helens. Then they get to turn around and do it all over again on the return trip.
I was busted by Jen Whicker. The movie is "American Flyer".

4 comments:

  1. Uh huh. I'm thinking I will not be part of the Tour de Blast. Not that the ride would be a problem. Nope. I just wouldn't want to make the rest of the field feel like little girls when competing with me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I'll be truthful. I get tired just holding the gas pedal down on the drive up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally don't know what movie you watched for Kansas...how did I miss the title? Or do we have to guess?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm busted again!! It was " American Flyer"

    ReplyDelete