Total Pageviews

Thursday, October 27, 2011

Movies from every state day 45- Washington

Washington "The Evergreen State" The west side may get quite a bit of rain, but heck, that's why it's ever green. In 1889 it became the 42nd state and it is the only state named after a president.
We have four options in our collection for this state, we just don't have any choice! It has to be
"Sleepless in Seattle". Among other places we get to visit Alki Beach and my personal favorite, Pike Place Market where they toss fish and have tons of fantastic flowers, people from every walk of life from ever corner of the world. The areas around Seattle that have house boat neighborhoods are fun to walk around too. This is a movie that we'll watch many more times. It stars Ross Malinger as Jonah. He's backed up by somewhat known Tom Hanks and Meg Ryan. Rosie O'Donnell is even good in this one. I can relate with the scene of celebrating New Years when the ball drops in New York. I rarely make it to midnight. He pulls out his rolodex to call a possible date as the background music is "Back in the Saddle Again". Poor guy doesn't have a chance after his son calls the late night shrink talk show. My spell check doesn't even recognize Rolodex in this day of black berries, pda's and smart phones who even has one. Oh wait, I have on on my desk, but then again I don't have any of the others. Sleepless doesn't seem that old to me, but wired phones, green computer screen print, no gps navigation, and actual mail and they're even Google-less.
Since all the women in this are all crying over "An Affair to Remember".
I guess I better watch it too. I'm a sucker for good old fashion happy endings!




1 comment:

  1. Such a good movie. I'm going to have to get back to that one once again. Thanks for the reminder.

    ReplyDelete