Total Pageviews

Monday, October 31, 2011

Movies from every state day 46- California

"The Golden State" has been the official nickname of California since 1968, but the third biggest and by far the most populated state first became known as golden during the 1848 rush for nuggets and I'm not talkin' McNuggets. The title "Golden" also results from the fields of golden poppies seen throughout the state each spring.
For tonight we are not only going to California. We are not only going to watch the best of a trilogy.
We are going to 12417 E. Philadelphia St. Whittier, Ca. Home of Richard Nixon's and Marty McFly's high school, Whittier High and Hill Valley High respectively. Just so happens my sister Sue and her family reside there too, in the city not the school. "Back to the Future" may have had II and III, but nothing beats the original for me. Not only did Doc build a time machine out of a Delorean, but Karrie "drove" the front half of it used it filming when we visited Universal Studios Hollywood Theme Park. I love when the Pinheads audition for the "Battle of the Bands" playing "The Power of Love" for the judges, one of them being none other than Huey Lewis, who proclaims them as being "Just to darn loud!". Never again will 88 miles per hour be the same since we've now seen "Serious Shit" happen at it. As one who worked at a "Full Service" gas station in the late 60's, when gas was .25 a gal , I like the four attendants at the Texico. I think it might be some what safe now to say, I my have used the wheels of my dear sister's roller skates to make my first skate board. It probably wasn't me if it's still an issue. The look on Marty's face when he runs into his dad, in the past, is priceless. Then he finds out his dad is a Peeping Tom. One bit of trivia: Time travel, in the movie,  occurs on Oct. 26, 1985, but the film actually premiered on July 5, 1985, so that audiences were actually seeing the "Future".
Have fun watching this and just to be safe, keep it at 87mph or less.

1 comment:

  1. I like this one too! I love the change in the family due to the intervention. Good choice.

    ReplyDelete